Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DIARY OF A CAMPAIGNER: DAY 32 IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING

DAY THIRTY-TWO:
Tuesday 21 September 2010
The ballot papers are in the letter boxes. There are 21 days until ‘D’ day decision day on 09th October.

Someone told me or I read it somewhere that if you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything! I think I’m already making a difference with the work I do in television programming making. The stories I tell are about accessibility. Gaining access to sectors of the community that are difficult to enter in order to get better information to make more informed decisions about ourselves, others and our country has been the driving force of my Company FRONT OF THE BOX PRODUCTIONS LTD. I want to continue making a difference and I know working for the Owairaka Local Board is the way to go. Now that I have a little family my attention must be refocused and brought back to my own backyard. I’m doing that here in Owairaka because this is where I grew up and this is where my children are now growing up. These are the 5 issues of priority for me. I know they resonant with Owairaka locals and I’m looking forward to achieving these goals and more.

1. ZERO TOLERANCE TO CRIME
Zero tolerance to crime, littering, tagging and destruction of
public and private property. I will work with the Police, Community groups and residents to ensure all people and property are safe. Greater protection for our hard working business owners and honest shoppers will be my priority. I will work hard to ensure shopping precincts have greater security, better lightening, more parking.


2. REVOKE LIQUOR LICENCES
Revoke licences to off-licence premises. I will work
hard to ensure off-licences are removed from within a 3k radius of all schools, public parks and reserves.



3. CHAMPION LOCAL HEROES
Support Community groups and their work.
I will work hard to ensure community groups have access to resources
and facilities to achieve so they can get on with working for locals.


4. MORE BUSINESSES FOR LOCAL CENTRES
Champion a return of businesses to local areas. I will
work with Business Associations to have small businesses return to local centres
and shopping blocks.



5. PROTECTION OF WĀHI TAPU AND ICONIC LANDMARKS
To ensure the historical uniqueness of the area is maintained I will champion the
efforts of manawhenua/tangatahwhenua maintaining wāhi tapu and all those groups working towards the preservation of iconic landmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment