Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's About Whanau.


Our whanau represents the diverse lifestyles and multi-cultural make-up that is this great city called Auckland. We are strongly connected to our hapu and iwi in Ngati Porou and Nga Puhi. We are proud and supportive members of the Takatapui (GLBTi) community: to us whanau is paramount;. My wife Nadine Mau and I have two boys attending Grey Lynn School, Kiamana Year 5, Te Ua Year 4 and in three years time our little girl Manawa will be ready to start School at Edendale Primary. We live in Columbia Street Sandringham.

My Company Front of the Box Productions LTD has been operating in Grey Lynn for 10 years. I have built my business brand on ‘accessibility’: giving the greatest amount of people, best access to quality information in order to make decisions. As a result we are multi-award winning television programme producers and are the largest independent suppliers of Maori and Pasifika content in English to TVNZ.

My background in political reporting and current affairs programme making has afforded me in-depth knowledge of local and central government business as well as lobby and interest group strategy, policy drafting and submission. I am currently the Telecommunications Sector Leader for the National Party Maori Advisory Group.

Like all C & R members I too am determined that multi-cultural Auckland and all its diversity remains the cultural capital of not just New Zealand but the Pacific Rim. But like C & R, I too believe it can only be achieved through unity and hard work; an emphasis on safe homes, safe streets, safe communities; a focus on economic enterprise, growth and above all a unified people proud to call Auckland City home.

I look forward to the Local elections and encourage everyone to exercise their democratic right to vote. For those in the Owairaka subdivision of Albert-Eden-Roskill ward: voteclaudettehauiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment